Application Support Engineer
/Position: Application Support Engineer
/Location: Farnborough HQ (Hybrid options available)
Are you a Software Support Engineer with experience tackling application issues for end-users in a fast-paced environment?
We have an immediate need for an Application Support Engineer to join our team! This role has 2 focus areas, supporting our suite of in-house software along with producing reports using SQL. This role is being offered as a 12 month fixed term contract.
You would be joining our small but highly effective Support Team. Providing support to customers who use our Software to solve diverse challenges across business aviation.
This is a really interesting role for somebody who wants to join a growing SaaS business operating in an interesting area of technology!
Our culture is extremely important to us, we are looking for an individual who would enjoy working with a talented, friendly and highly collaborative team!
We’re a friendly team of experts, optimists, big-thinkers and problem-solvers, and are lucky enough to work with some of the largest and most successful companies in the world. We’ve had an exciting journey so far! Expanding rapidly in response to the success of our products in the market, so we’re on the lookout for more brilliant people to join our team.
myairops is a leader of SaaS products to the aviation industry with customers across the globe with diverse challenges including corporate flight departments, charter brokers, medical providers, military and business aviation operators.
/More about the role:
The Application Support Engineer is part of the Support Team working within our Customer Success Department.
The role centres around logging and categorising Incidents and Requests, and crucially progressing these through to completion, including working with colleagues across the business. The role also involves technical capabilities in terms of writing reports, SQL scripting skills and an understanding of supporting cloud software delivered as SaaS.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handing customer faults and requests through to completion, via various means (portal, telephone, email and remote support); this means logging and categorising Incidents and Requests in the myairops ITSM tool
- Providing technical support to end users as well as being confident in the escalation of issues, as well as consulting with the software engineering team for issue resolution
- Building and creating reports in SSRS, as well as executing scripts in SQL for analysing data in the context of technical issues
- Creating documentation, processes and recording knowledge. Ensuring that the team captures key info to prevent recurrence and improve the overall customer experience.
- Work closely with the wider team, ensuring focus is maintained on continuous improvement activities regarding reporting and data, and this extends to recording application defects with the engineering team
As part of delivering support to our customers, there is the need for you to join the On-Call Rota for Out-Of-Hours assistance on critical customer issues. The structure of this is usually 1 week out of 4, once the candidate has acquired required level of experience and knowledge.
/Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience managing and resolving support requests for external B2B customers.
- Proficient in technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Basic level knowledge of SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (across both technical and non-technical scenarios)
- Interpret complex information and adjust explanations appropriately for the audience.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication across both organisational and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, utilising effective time management & prioritising skills.
- Able to proactively manage and anticipate potential issues and risks.
- Demonstrate ability to ask the right questions to understand and manage challenges, whilst also learning.
- Experience managing and resolving application support requests for external B2B customers.
- Ability to plan, design, manage, execute reports, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrable experience in using an IT Service Management tool for managing Incidents and Requests (e.g ZenDesk, ServiceNow or FreshDesk).
The role offers a choice between hybrid or 100% office-based working from our Farnborough location.
- Competitive Salary
- Group Pension Scheme – up to 5% contributions matched
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Travel Insurance
- Private Healthcare (after probation)
- Discounts at popular retailers