Mobile App Developer - Swift
/Position: Mobile App Developer – Swift
/Location: Farnborough HQ (Hybrid working available)
We are continuing our very exciting growth journey and are looking for a Mobile App Developer to join our team! This role will suit a talented iOS App Developer with experience using Swift.
We are expanding our current capabilities to make use of the latest features available in iOS16 and the latest iPadOS. Join us as we move from a Xamarin Native (with iOS bindings) mobile application to a Swift Native platform.
We’re a friendly team of experts, optimists, big-thinkers and problem-solvers. myairops is a leader of SaaS products to the aviation industry with customers across the globe with diverse challenges including corporate flight departments, brokers, medical providers, military and business aviation operators. Solutions are provided through innovative web delivered software and connected mobile applications.
Our offerings are all cloud based and available as mobile applications on iOS. We utilise cloud tools and processing capability to be more predictive, leading to efficient scheduling of aircraft maintenance, removing the manual processes that are part of the day-to-day in the aviation industry.
/About the role:
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about seeing the impact of their work. We have a team culture that is committed to effective communication, respect, values and supporting each other to meet individual and common goals.
We are solving diverse challenges for our clients, and we are really proud of our products and the challenges they solve!
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who would thrive in an environment where they will be a key contributor to our journey with Mobile App development. This role provides a lot of scope to make a positive and highly visible impact.
You’ll be working closely with the team to deliver product and customer requirements across the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
Our culture is extremely important to us, and we are looking for a team member who will enjoy working at a fast pace, within a supportive environment.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, design and implement applications for iOS whilst considering the performance, quality, and responsiveness.
- Work within a multifunctional team to define, design, and develop new features.
- Working closely with Product Owners, Architects and other Engineers in all aspects of the design and development of solutions to scope.
- Contributing to a team culture committed to effective communication, respect, values and supporting each other to meet individual and common goals.
- Driving the development process forward by contributing to all aspects of the full software delivery lifecycle, including quality assurance, bug and issue resolution and release and deployments.
- Demonstrating best practices in the implementation of UI and UX.
- Identify process bottlenecks, resolving and escalating where needed.
- Utilising appropriate testing techniques, focusing on automated testing where appropriate.
- Display technical ownership of product components and of your own work.
- Follow and improve the coding standards and patterns in place within the existing product range.
- Maintaining and resolving issues alongside the team, collaborating effectively in order to collectively resolve.
- Actively participating in the continuous improvement of ways of working across the team as an integral part of the iterative agile development process.
/Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Extensive experience across Swift framework.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services and JSON/XML
- Relational Database experience with Azure SQL
- Understanding of fundamental iOS APIs, frameworks, capabilities, UI styles, and paradigms.
- Exemplar of collaboration and communication
- Demonstrates the ability to design and drive a complex technical problem
- Degree or equivalent experience within relevant area of Engineering.
- Hybrid Working Policy
- Competitive Salary
- Group Pension Scheme – up to 5% contributions matched
- Comprehensive Life Assurance *
- Comprehensive Income Protection *
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance *
- Private Healthcare (after probation)
- Free Car Parking
- Discounts at popular retailers