QA Automation Engineer
/Position: QA Automation Engineer
/Location: Farnborough HQ (Hybrid working available)
Are you a QA Automation Engineer who would enjoy being part of an exciting change journey?
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our talented team! This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who can be a collaborative change agent, helping us to both improve our processes and to share more knowledge of test automation across the team.
Our development team are exposed to cutting edge development using .Net 6 and Angular, running on a platform utilizing Azure cloud native technologies including serverless and AKS. We are also keen to automate testing for our iOS native mobile app development.
You would be working closely with our QA team and engineers as we take the next steps towards test automation. You will be responsible for integrating testing tools with existing toolchains and technologies; enabling more robust and efficient testing, whilst also considering production workflow and release deadlines.
We are looking for an individual who will remain focused on finding solutions for automation problems and will be committed to continuous development in order to provide up-to-date solutions.
Our team are naturally very helpful and friendly! Our culture is extremely important to us, and we are looking for an individual who will enjoy working with a talented team, committed to our exciting growth journey. This role will suit an individual who understands positive change management, is inquisitive and has a collaborative mindset.
We’re a friendly team of experts, optimists, big-thinkers and problem-solvers. myairops is a leader of SaaS products to the aviation industry with customers across the globe with diverse challenges including corporate flight departments, brokers, medical providers, military and business aviation operators. Solutions are provided through innovative web delivered software and connected mobile applications.
/More about the role:
QA Automation Engineers define test strategies, working closely across the entire engineering function, including product owners and developers.
myairops QA Automation Engineers execute testing initiatives using automated test scripts, throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle (SDLC). Designing, writing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, drive, select and implement test automation frameworks in collaboration with engineering leads and relevant stakeholders.
- Contributing to a team culture committed to effective communication, respect, values and supporting each other to meet individual and common goals.
- Designing, writing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts
- Write scripts to maintain, monitor, and prepare test environments
- Ensure the UI, business (API) and database layers are integrated and are effectively communicating with each other.
- Work with engineering and Devops to improve and maintain the CI/CD pipeline.
- Application lifecycle management, logging issues and bug tickets to track on platforms.
- Coding complex SQL queries to validate or create test data for ETL testing or data validation.
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases
- Maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system
- Utilising CI/CD techniques which makes it possible to promote software release to production.
/Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience of setting up a test automation framework from scratch.
- Experience and understanding of Containerisation techniques and technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience of embedding with engineering teams and supporting them on their journey to utilise the framework and to start writing scripts themselves.
- Experience working within Agile Development.
- Background in automating the following areas (one or several): front-end, back-end, web services, mobile devices (e.g Selenium, Postman, Cypress, Appium or equivalent).
- Well-versed with manual testing
- Ability to apply critical thinking, discover flaws and contradictions, leverage different tools, and apply concrete testing techniques for well-implemented test automation.
- Ability to mentor and being an advocate for knowledge sharing.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication across both organisational and technical stakeholders.
- Competitive Salary
- Group Pension Scheme – up to 5% contributions matched
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Travel Insurance
- Private Healthcare (after probation)
- Discounts at popular retailers