/Position: Software Delivery Manager (Agile) / Scrum Master
/Location: Farnborough HQ (Hybrid options available)
Are you someone who puts Team in front of individual success, likes lots of detail and improving processes?
We are looking for a Software Delivery Manager (Agile) / Scrum Master to join our engineering team of over 25 engineers working across a suite of aviation products. You will be a pragmatist that believes delivery to the customer and reducing technical debt is key and that process needs to be continuously evaluated and improved. You will be highly organised and enjoy tracking the detail of each delivery using Agile techniques (Scrum/Kanban). You will a coach and a central focal point for delivery running ceremony meetings and ensuring predictability and quality is met. You will be less concerned about the “what” and more concerned with the “how” but must be a highly collaborative communicator. You will have experience working in multi-discipline teams comprised of product owners, architects, software engineers, front end specialists, QA and Dev Ops engineers.
myairops is a leader of SaaS products to the aviation industry with customers across the globe. Solutions are provided through innovative web delivered software and connected mobile applications. Our business is product focussed with a 30-year heritage, we are growing and are very excited about the future. We’re a friendly team of experts, optimists, big-thinkers and problem-solvers, and are lucky enough to work with some of the largest and most successful companies in the world.
/More about the role:
As part of this role, you will be responsible for all software engineering processes and accountable for the output and success of each iteration/sprint.
You will be keeping track of all progress using the Azure DevOps platform and ensure that team cadence is maintained continually striving to deliver value to our customers. You will mentor and promote effective team communication and seek to discover inhibitors and resolve them through utilising the appropriate members of the team.
Your role will typically be inward facing to the team but will expect exposure alongside product owners as the projected forecasting of the roadmap will be based on the velocity and achievement of the team that you will be leading.
You will be someone comfortable with line management and actively enjoy leading the development of your colleagues.
/Primary Responsibilities include:
- Promoting team delivery and team cohesion to ensure we achieve more as a team than a set of individuals.
- Understand the strengths and development needs of the team – shaping and advising the training and support of engineering team members to address any gaps.
- Day-to-day monitoring of the delivery boards within Azure DevOps and the product backlog items that need to be delivered in the current sprint/iteration.
- Communicating with all team members to understand inhibitors to progress and the needs of the team to ensure delivery is achieved in accordance with estimates. Maintaining on-time quality deliverables.
- Driving daily standups and other critical ceremony meetings.
- Own or assign ownership of retro actions
- Assist the team when priorities change to adapt the work and highlight where decisions are required around
- Liaise with customer focused roles including solution consultants and product owners to report on expected delivery dates.
- Work to maintain the business management system and quality management system used by the engineering team.
- Writing and maintaining process documentation relating to the engineering delivery function.
- Identifying and removing waste from the process.
- Perform regular 1-2-1’s with team members, highlighting and supporting development opportunities.
- Completing required employee appraisals and performance reviews for direct reports.
As part of delivering support to our customers, there is the need for you to join the On-Call Rota for Out-Of-Hours assistance on critical customer issues. The structure of this is usually 1 week out of 4, once the candidate has acquired required level of experience and knowledge.
/Skills and Experience required:
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
- Leading the delivery of engineering teams in excess of 20 people
- Experience using a delivery management tools such as Azure DevOps or the Atlassian toolset.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban techniques.
- Excellent communication, high emotional intelligence and can help the team communicate and collaborate
- Pragmatic – understanding that often the reality differs from the theoretical
- Willing to take ownership and accountability of the engineering process
- Have an interest or direct experience of the aviation/transport industry
- Understanding the psychology of effective and high performing teams
/Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Pension Scheme – up to 5% contributions matched
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Travel Insurance
- Private Healthcare (after probation)
- Discounts at popular retailers
The role offers hybrid working from our Farnborough location but 3 days per week in the office is required.