Software Team Lead
/Position: Software Team Lead
/Location: Farnborough HQ (Hybrid Working Available)
Are you a Software Team Lead who would enjoy a mixture of hands-on Software Engineering, combined with supporting a small team to succeed and develop?
We are continuing our very exciting growth journey and are looking for a Software Team Lead to join our engineering team. Our engineers enjoy working within an interesting area of technology and with a cutting-edge tech stack.
This role will suit a talented Team Lead and Software Engineer, who would thrive combining hands-on Software Engineering responsibilities with line management for a designated small team of engineers, working across a number of exciting products.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about enabling a team culture that is committed to effective communication, respect, values and supporting each other to meet individual and common goals.
We’re a friendly team of experts, optimists, big-thinkers and problem-solvers. myairops is a leader of SaaS products to the aviation industry with customers across the globe with diverse challenges including corporate flight departments, brokers, medical providers, military and business aviation operators. Solutions are provided through innovative web delivered software and connected mobile applications.
/More about the role:
The Software Team lead role combines hands on Software Engineering with Team Lead responsibilities.
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who would thrive in an environment where they will be a key contributor to developing and maintaining highly positive highly effective culture. We are growing, which means we feel there will be opportunities for progression as we expand, this role also provides a lot of scope to make a positive and highly visible impact.
You’ll be working closely with the Director of Software Engineering, your team and the rest of the myairops team to deliver product and customer requirements across the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
Our culture is extremely important to us, and we are looking for a team member who will enjoy working at a fast pace, within a supportive environment.
You will be actively participating in the continuous improvement of ways of working across the team. Helping to enable a culture of responsiveness and flexibility.
You will also be creating and maintaining accurate and realistic plans, monitoring, reviewing and updating as appropriate, along with managing team outputs.
/ Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and motivate the team to achieve quality results.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to maintain a clear understanding of delivery requirements, along with maintaining consistent awareness of priorities and commitments in order to manage resources effectively.
- Driving the development process forward by contributing to all aspects of the full software delivery lifecycle through the CI/CD pipeline, including quality assurance, bug and issue resolution and release and deployments.
- Working closely with Product Owners, Architects and other Engineers in all aspects of the design and development of solutions to scope and producing features for our platforms.
- Contributing to a team culture committed to effective communication, respect, values and supporting each other to meet individual and common goals.
- Assisting with setting smart objectives for individuals, along with following up and supporting progress.
- Performing regular and effective 1-2-1’s across the team, completing annual appraisals, along with coaching & development.
- Demonstrate and encourage the right behaviours to enable an open, trusting and high performing culture.
- Maintaining focus on our customer requirements.
- Actively participating in the continuous improvement of ways of working across the team as an integral part of the iterative agile development process.
/ Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Demonstrate understanding of how to apply a proactive, positive approach to managing both a team and individuals within the team.
- Experience leading a team of at least 2 or more engineers.
- Full stack developer with experience in C#
- Experience designing and building against APIs/RESTful services
- PaaS Implementation (e.g Azure App Services or equivalent)
- Experience using frontend frameworks e.g. Angular, React
- Event Driven Architecture (e.g Azure Service Bus/Rabbit MQ or equivalent)
- SQL (TSQL or Azure SQL or equivalent) Experience
- Working within Agile engineering processes.
- Highly organised, able to demonstrate exceptional level of co-ordination and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate very strong communication skills, encouraging effective communication across the team.
- Degree or equivalent experience within relevant area of Engineering.
- Hybrid Working Policy
- Competitive Salary
- Group Pension Scheme – up to 5% contributions matched
- Comprehensive Life Assurance *
- Comprehensive Income Protection *
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance *
- Private Healthcare (after probation)
- Free Car Parking
- Discounts at popular retailers