Airops Software Ltd and each of its group of companies, which is/are referred to collectively and/or individually, as the context requires, as “Airops Software”, “we” or “us”, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, including the privacy of those who access the Airops Software website or the services provided on the Airops Software website through any mobile application. myairops is a brand name of Airops Software Ltd and any reference to the Airops Software website also includes the myairops website and applications.
Airops Software is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Airops Software may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/11/2015.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Gama Group Limited of Business Aviation Centre, Farnborough Airport, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6XA, United Kingdom]. The named company is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under no. Z7412308 for the purposes of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Julia Mahmood, In-house Legal Counsel.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or otherwise on our site myairops.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a Airops Software location, product or service, visit the Careers page, place an order on our site, subscribe to use any of our online services, participate in a customer survey, leave a testimonial including to thank a particular staff member and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, job title, e-mail address and phone number, information concerning the type(s) of Airops Software products and/or services that may be of interest to you or other interests, and a personal description. Additionally, if you use the site to purchase products and/or services from Airops Software, the information we collect is likely to include financial and debit/credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Airops Software cannot and does not warrant that cookies used in connection with the functioning of its website are free of viruses or other harmful programs.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in all or any of the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or purchased;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you become a customer of Airops Software, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale (or negotiations relating to a potential sale) to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or order form, as applicable);
- to notify you about changes/updates to our products and/or services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Airops Software website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means the direct or indirect subsidiaries of Gama Aviation Plc (our ultimate holding company) and its subsidiaries, as the term “subsidiary” is defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract for the sale and purchase of products and/or services that we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit rating, where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or enter into a joint venture, where we need to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to our co-venturer in a joint venture business.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA; RETENTION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Airops Software will retain website user information for a reasonable period or for as long a period as applicable law permits.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address shown at the bottom of this website’s Home page or emailing us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to help meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.